Self-leadership is the practice of intentionally influencing your thinking, feeling, and actions, toward your objectives (Bryant & Kazan 2012)
Self-leadership means accepting responsibility for your results. You don't blame other people and you don't make excuses. This can be challenging during times of uncertainty; however, a self-leader sees options and grasps opportunities when others are waiting to be rescued.
- Organizations that adopt and promote a self-leadership culture have greater employee engagement, collaboration, and readiness for change
- Individuals that develop their self-leadership increase their executive presence, and influence capital.
Research by McKinsey has shown that developing self-leadership, as well as cognitive, and interpersonal skills are critical for the future of work.
Founder of Self Leadership International, Andrew Bryant
Andrew has published three books on self-leadership and has been referenced in over 130 papers and Ph.D. dissertations.
LEADERSHIP STARTS WITH
Leadership is the process of influencing others in a manner that enhances their contribution to the realization of group goals.
- Effective Leadership is a function of the Leader’s Style, Followers' Motivation and Skills, and the Business Environment. This requires self-awareness, self-learning, and self-regulation, in short, self-leadership.
- Andrew Bryant's 'Accelerating Results through Self-leadership' keynote speech, coaching, and follow-up programs, highlight how leaders can use self-leadership competencies for their personal and company's success.
How good is your self-leadership?
"Andrew understands business dynamics and challenges and applies his leadership development approach with outstanding results. His ability to move from concept and strategy to details and specifics of situations is highly insightful allowing you to develop critical thinking skills applicable in all situations."
- Sandeep Shirodkar, Strategic Partner Pursuits Leader- Amazon Web Services
THE NEW LEADERSHIP PLAYBOOK
Imagine all leaders and managers working from the same playbook, guided by principles, and having conversations that inspire accelerated results.
The New Leadership Playbook: Being Human Whilst Delivering Accelerated Results is the third book, from Andrew Bryant, in the self-leadership series. This is a practical handbook containing twelve conversations (plays) guided by seven principles.
”Our world is evolving at an increasingly fast pace. Organizations are facing higher levels of disruption, uncertainty, and volatility in their environments. Teams and individuals alike are having to develop greater agility, resilience, and collaboration to succeed. This ‘next normal’ requires a revised playbook for leaders to grow, perform and thrive."
- Manish Bundhun, Chief People Officer