2012 was a turbulent year for myself and many people I spoke to; but, despite predictions, the Euro did not collapse and the world didn’t end! So it is with relief and renewed optimism that we can enter 2013.
2013 Year of the Snake
This 2013 year of the water Snake is meant for steady progress and attention to detail. The snake is the enigmatic, intuitive, introspective, refined and collected of the Chinese Zodiac Signs. According to Chinese astrologers, focus and discipline will be necessary for you to achieve what you set out to create.
As an author and speaker on Self-leadership, I would say focus and discipline are necessary to create what you want, regardless of the year. Of course, “the best-laid plans of mice and men, oft(en) go astray (Robert Burns)”, but without plans you are unlikely to achieve anything worthwhile.
It comes down to locus of control. The more self-influence you exert, the greater your influence on people and events. In ‘Self Leadership’, the book I co-authored with Dr. Ana Kazan (McGraw-Hill 2012), we look at strategies to increase the self-influence of your inner dialogue, beliefs and actions which in turn influences your actions and results. Can I suggest a mantra for 2013?
“Take responsibility – take action!”
As simplistic as this sounds, it is a cure for blame and is applicable in all circumstances.
Now back to my questions; what will 2013 bring for you and how are you doing with your resolutions?
Predictions for 2013
Personally, I don’t put much weight on horoscopes and so my 6 predictions are based on experience.
- In 2013 you will experience both opportunity and challenge.
- Your intention to step back from each of these and respond from responsibility and choice will determine your success.
- You will be given opportunities to learn and grow in 2013, but whether you do or not is up to you.
- You will need to be, before you have. If you want be healthy and wealthy you will need to become the person who makes healthy choices and focuses on making their money work for them.
- You will get out of relationships what you put into them and so don’t expect a free ride.
- As you look back on this year, the measure of your success will not be about what you accumulated but what you contributed.
Have an awesome 2013 and hope to see you at one of my seminars.